Are you and your partner looking to learn a new skill or hobby in the New Year? Why not check into a class you can take together as a couple? Dancing, cooking, painting – there are so many classes that make for fun dates in Cincinnati that you’re sure to find something that you enjoy doing together as a couple! Check out our roundup of fun classes to take as a couple:
- Dare to Dance – Ballroom or Latin dancing, private lessons, group lessons, and much more.
- Arthur Murray Dance Studio – Salsa, swing, wedding packages, and more!
- Cincinnati Ballet – Adult Ballet Classes – yes, it’s never too late to enjoy learning ballet!
- Dance Club Studio – Whether you want to learn to cha-cha, country line dance, salsa, ballroom dance or waltz, they’ve got you covered with both private and group lessons.
- Ritz Ballroom – Preparing for a wedding? Want to try your hand at the fox-trot or tango? Ritz Ballroom can help.
- A Stroke of Art – Instructors use a ‘paint along’ style to help you create your own work of art.
- Painting with a Twist – Bring your own favorite beverage of choice and enjoy a night of instruction from on of their talented artists. Read about Date Night Reviewer Heather’s experience, here. For the West side one, check out this review here.
- The Art Academy – participate in classes in an Art Academy studio from a trained instructor. Classes vary from traditional media (drawing, painting, etc) to Communication art such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, to New media, animation, ceramics and more.
- Eat, Drink, Paint — Have fun and play games at Gameworks before you experience this one-of-a-kind painting class. For a full review, check it out here.
- Out of Thyme — This is a fun cooking class with delicious food! For a full review, check it out here.
- Macaron Bar — A French twist on dessert with macarons at the Macaron Bar. For a full review, click here.
- Velveteen Chocolate — Chocolate is a girl’s best friend! Learn how to make rich truffles with this cooking class. Learn more about the experience here.
- We’ve got a wonderful roundup of local cooking classes on the blog: Cincinnati Cooking Class Date Idea
Acting and Music:
- Local theatre company Cincinnati Shakespeare Company – offers adult acting classes.
- Cincinnati Actor’s Studio – offers adult classes at affordable rates.
- Cincinnati Music Academy – music lessons for both children and adults.
- Cincinnati School of Music – Guitar, piano, voice lessons, and more.
- Many fun classes can be found at your gym or local YMCA or community center. Consider trying yoga, aerobics, zumba, spinning, and more.
- Martial Arts are a great way to get fit and a fun class you can take together. Check out: Nishime Family Karate, Dominachs TaeKwonDo, or one of many other local arts schools.
- Cincinnati Massage Connection – Take a couple’s massage class and learn how to give wonderful massages to your special someone.