Sometimes the best summer dates are the simple ones where you grab your sweetheart and head out for tasty burgers and cold drinks. But where are the best burgers in the city? We asked YOU – our fans – where to find the best burgers in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, and let us just tell you the list is pretty mouthwatering! We can’t wait to sink our teeth into one of these fantastic, juicy burgers!
- Yard House – The Banks: Haven’t tried a Yard House burger? What are you waiting for! Pastrami Benedict Burger, Pepper Crusted Gorgonzola Burger, Pepper Jack Burger – you’re going to have to try one of each, better get started!
- Zip’s Café – Mt. Lookout: Voted best burger multiple times, Zip’s burgers are simple and delicious. Perfectly seared and seasoned with fresh toppings. Don’t forget the onion rings or fries.
- Terry’s Turf Club – Eastside: Talk about a burger! Get your burger done up right at Terry’s Turf Club. Pick your perfect toppings from a massive list of delicious options and customize your burger to perfection.
- Gordo’s Pub & Grill – Norwood: There’s no way you can head to Gordo’s and leave hungry. Creative gourmet burgers are the specialty of the house, and with choices like the Gordo’s Burger (roasted poblanos, mushrooms, onions, smoked bacon, boursin cheese and mayo) or the Jean-Robert (lettuce, grape compote, mayo, blue cheese and goat cheese) you’re sure to find a taste adventure or two in your future.
- Tickle Pickle – Northside: If you like your burger with a side of tongue-in-cheek and a little rock ‘n roll, then Tickle Pickle is the place to be. With burgers like the ‘Bread Zeppelin’, ‘Buns N Roses’, ‘Nom Petty’, and ‘The Meatallica’ you are sure to leave satisfied.
- Bobby’s Burger Palace – Downtown Cincinnati: Celebrity chef Bobby Flay lends his name, and his cooking creativity, to this burger joint inside Jack’s Casino. Many of the burgers have local flavor, if you’re local to Dallas (spice-crusted burger with coleslaw, Monterey Jack cheese, pickles and bbq sauce) or New Mexico (queso, roasted green chiles and pickled red onions). Get ‘The Undecided’ as your side – a combination of any two of the following: Sweet Potato Fries, Buttermilk Onion Rings or Fries with BBP fry sauce.
- J Alexander’s – Rookwood: Not only does J. Alexander’s boast a delicious beef burger, but the made-in-house veggie burger is outstanding.
- Mokka and the Sunset Bar & Grill – Newport: Mokka offers a wide selection of burgers – from crab cakes to turkey burgers and traditional ground beef burgers – but trust us and order the Western Burger.
- Moerlein Lager House – The Banks: Juicy burgers and a great view…oh, and don’t forget the cold brews. Moerlein Lager House has a tantalizing roundup of burgers to choose from, including the Moer-Burger (cheddar, pastrami, applewood bacon, fried egg, sweet onion relish and black pepper mayo). Where do we sign up?
- Oakley Pub and Grill – Oakley: Fun and funky burger toppings are the hallmark of an Oakley Pub and Grill burger. Try the Hawaiian (pepper jack cheese, bacon, grilled pineapple and sriracha mayo).
- BrewRiver GastroPub – Riverside: Don’t stop once you see the BrewRiver Burger (although, it’s amazing)…keep perusing the menu a little further and you’ll find The Natchez (blue cheese, red onion straws and sriracha aioli on a Sixteen Bricks bun) and The Creole Queen (bacon-beef blend burger with cheddar, creole spices and fried green tomato). Great patio dining, delicious food!
- Arthur’s Restaurant – Hyde Park: Arthur’s in Hyde Park also boasts “Best in the City” status, and with burgers this good we can see why! Stop in for ‘Burger Madness’ on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Get a perfectly crafted burger, with gourmet toppings like pineapple salsa, boursin cheese and even fried egg, to create the burger of your dreams.
- Krueger’s Tavern – OTR: No list of great burgers would be complete without Krueger’s Tavern. You definitely want to give the Bleu Gruyere a try (two house ground patties, blue cheese, gruyere, onion jam, mixed greens and dijonaise on a challah bun). Then again, you also definitely need to try the Spicy, BBQ and Bacon burgers. Better make a schedule.
- Bru Burger – Downtown: One of the newer additions to the Cincy burger scene, Bru Burger boasts such tantalizing creations as the Bourbon Burger (bacon, peppercorn-bourbon glaze and horseradish Havarti cheese) and the Melt Your Face Burger (habanero hot sauce, habanero Havarti, habanero whole grain mustard and jalapenos).
- Fifty West Brewing — Cincinnati — Great beer is only the start of what you’ll find at Fifty West Brewing. Fun, laid back atmosphere, relaxed dining area, and $12 Burger and Beer Wednesdays. What’s not to love?
- Through the Garden — Blue Ash — Through the Garden has a great relaxed yet intimate atmosphere, perfect for date nights. If you plan it right you can catch a live performance by local talent. Check out the Bleu Ash Burger when you go!
- Bouquet Restaurant – Covington: Dress up your date night burger with a trip to Bouquet Restaurant in Covington’s MainStrasse. Bouquet’s chef chooses the best Kentucky grass-fed beef to create the perfect burger. He tops it with pimento cheese and braised cabbage, as well as house made pickles (the best pickles anywhere) and cradles it all in a Sixteen Bricks brioche bun — burger heaven!
- Slatts Pub — Blue Ash — Slatts Pub is well known for its date night draw, but you may not know that the burgers are seriously the way to go. Reuberger, Goetta Burger, and Roadhouse Burger – how can you choose?
- Herb and Thelma’s – Covington: No frills, just a darn good burger – that’s what you’ll get at Herb and Thelma’s. Throw in a great craft beer (or a PBR!) and you’ve got a fun, delicious and fun date night out.
- Zola Pub and Grill – Covington: Great burgers and patio dining all in the lovely setting of Covington’s MainStrasse Village. Definitely a ‘must-eat’ addition to your best burger list.
- Taste of Belgium – Rookwood, OTR, Clifton, The Banks (coming soon) — This burger is, in one word, amazing. Perfectly cooked, delicious toppings – goat cheese, caramelized apple, shallots and bacon. And those frites? So good!
- Putter’s Tavern — two Ohio locations, in Liberty Township and Maineville — Great burgers, cold brews, fun atmosphere. Give the Big Bertha burger a try — if you dare: One full pound of angus beef, blackened and loaded with bacon, hot dog, cheddar, Swiss and American cheeses, onion rings, fried pickles, and finally, macaroni and cheese, all squeezed between a hearty grilled brioche bun. Served with a side of chili cheese fries. Is your mouth watering yet?
- Cozy’s Cottage — Liberty Township — A great date night spot because it’s both cozy and romantic, Cozy’s cottage also has a fantastic burger. Give the Cozy’s Cottage Classic Burger a try: Cozy’s special blend of fresh brisket, short rib & chuck on an artisan bun perfected with the chef’s house-made bacon jam, caramelized onion & heaps of English bleu cheese. Delicious!
- Sea Jax Tavern — Forrest Park — Yes, they have delicious burgers – that’s a no brainer. But the happy hour is pretty fantastic, and with live music by local and even national bands on Friday and Saturday nights make this a go-to date night spot for many of our fans.
- Bagger Dave’s — West Chester — If you want one of the best burgers around, and a cold craft beer to accompany it, then make sure you check out Bagger Dave’s. You might like one of the unique burgers like the Saucy Sicilian Pizza Burger, or the Asian Turkey Burger, but you’ll keep coming back for the Caleb’s Crispy Cheese Bacon Burger – Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar and Parmesan cheese crisp, tomato, lettuce, mayo, grilled sesame seed brioche bun. It’s the most requested burger, and we can see why!
Share your favorite burger spot with us and we’ll add it to the list!