Looking for a fun weekend date idea? ArtsWave’s 2017 Macy’s Arts Sampler Weekend is a great way to explore the many art opportunities our area provides. This weekend of fun and free art events takes place on Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19 at various times and venues throughout the region.
If you are from the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area, you’ve likely heard of ArtsWave and the Macy’s Arts Sampler Weekend. If you haven’t, you’re missing out! It’s a free annual arts festival that aims to connect people to all of the amazing arts opportunities offered in our region. This is the 31st year of the Arts Sampler, and the lineup looks better than ever!
Some highlights of the 2017 Macy’s Arts Sampler Weekend include:
- Behringer-Crawford Museum – 1600 Montague Rd., Covington, KY. Enjoy music by Wild Carrot, Full Moon Ranch and Rabbit Hash String Band.
- Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park – 962 Mt Adams Circle, Cincinnati, OH. Go backstage at Cincy Playhouse in the Park and enjoy a performance of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, too.
- Memorial Hall – 1225 Elm St., Cincinnati, OH. Enjoy performances by the Southern Gateway Chorus, Cincinnati Boychoir, MUSE, Cincinnati Children’s Choir, Cincinnati Men’s Chorus and YPCC (Young Professionals Choral Collective). Pones, Inc. will have dancers hidden throughout the space. Find their buzzer and push it – let the dancing begin!
- Irish Heritage Center of Greater Cincinnati – 3905 Eastern Ave., Cincinnati, OH. Enjoy a day of storytelling (yes, even for adults!) and Irish music and song, as well as a history of the Irish in Cincinnati.
- Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park – 1763 Hamilton Cleves Road, Hamilton, OH. Drive through this one-of-a-kind outdoor museum that focuses on monumental pieces of sculpture in the midst of meadows, forests and gardens, on Arts Sampler Weekend for FREE!
- Masonic Center – 317 E. 5th St., Cincinnati, OH. This day is really non-stop! Enjoy a Journey to India with Nrityarpana, a martial arts demonstration by Cincinnati Kung Fu, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra & Pops music labs, Bi-Okoto Movement and Music workshop, music by Zak Morgan, Ron Esposito and Ritmo, belly dance by Anaya Belly Dance and SO much more!
This really is just the tip of the iceberg. There literally are dozens of exciting and fun events all over the region. Grab your special someone, create a list of fun arts opportunities and seize the day! For the full schedule, visit theartswave.org.