Summer is prime time to take advantage of the great outdoor temps and fantastic open-air venues we have in the Cincinnati area. Going to an outdoor concert is a fun date idea, and the relaxed atmosphere of a downtown outdoor venue gives you plenty of time and opportunity to talk and enjoy each other’s company along with the music. We’ve put together a list of great downtown outdoor concert ideas to help you fill up your date night calendar all summer long!
- Washington Park – Washington Park is the venue for many different downtown outdoor concerts over the summer, such as Bandstand Bluegrass and OTR Performs. With the surrounding area’s wealth of restaurants and ever present (and amazing) food trucks, this is a date worth planning.
- Party in the Park – Wednesdays through August you can find free music, happy hour drinks, food, and more at the Serpentine Wall at Sawyer Point. Great local bands like Flip Cup All-Stars, Shut Up & Drive, DV8, and Naked Karate Girls all take their turn on the stage.
- Fountain Square – Free downtown outdoor concerts all summer long, including Reggae Wednesdays, Salsa on the Square Thursdays, Indie Vol. 2016 featuring local, regional and national indie rock bands on Fridays, and FSQ Live featuring a different genre of music each Saturday night.
- Live at the Levee – Free concerts take place at Newport on the Levee’s Riverfront Plaza throughout the summer. Listen to great local bands like The Whammies, The Newbies, Soul Pocket, and The Rusty Griswolds, explore the Levee, and enjoy a great summer date night.
- Bunbury Festival – Quickly becoming one of Cincinnati’s finest and most widely anticipated music festivals with a great music lineup on multiple stages all over downtown, over a 3-day span. This year, hear The Killers, Florence and the Machine, Deadmau5, Ice Cube featuring members of N.W.A. and many more.
- Taft Museum of Art – The Taft hosts Saturday Sounds every Saturday in June from 1-3 PM. Enjoy the free concert, then head into the museum for a walk through the galleries. Check out music from Full Moon Ranch, Tonic Root, John Ford, and many more.
- Liberty Center Sounds of Summer on the Square Concert Series — Spend a summer night under the stars at Liberty Center listening to some of the best local music our region has to offer. Leroy Ellington, The Chuck Taylors, The Menus, Bad Habit and many more fantastic local bands fill the night with music.
- Blue Ash Summer Concert Series — Summer concerts in Blue Ash take place Tuesday nights in the park, Friday night on the square, and Thursday afternoons on the square. Check out fantastic local talent in a beautiful and relaxed setting – a great date night!
Do you have a favorite spot for outdoor concerts? Share in the comments!