If you’re looking for a sweet summer date, go for ice cream with your special someone. It’s a great option for an easy and more relaxed first, second or 100th date. We’ve got the scoop on some of the best Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati ice cream spots so you can plan the perfect ice cream date!
- Walker Bros Ice Cream: 9425 Montgomery Road, Montgomery, OH – Craving delicious soft serve ice cream with a unique twist? Walker Bros boasts flavors such as blue raspberry, strawberry, peach and more!
- Aglamesis Brothers: Oakley Square & Montgomery Square Shopping Center – Founded in 1908, gourmet chocolates and premium ice creams in a nostalgic ice cream parlor — yes, please!
- Dari-Crest: 3024 Madison Avenue, Covington KY – Dari-Crest in Covington is exactly what you think of when you dream of delicious summertime soft-serve ice cream. Choose from shakes, malts, sundaes of all varieties and of course, the dip cone – chocolate or cherry!
- Mt Washington Creamy Whip: 2069 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati OH – Old-timey ice cream shop atmosphere makes for a romantic ice cream date spot. Vanilla, chocolate or twist soft serve with a variety of toppings, shakes, malts and more.
- Schneider’s Sweet Shop: 420 Fairfield Avenue, Bellevue, KY – A Northern Kentucky landmark, Schneider’s Sweet Shop is more than just a spot for a delicious dish of ice cream or ice ball, but they boast being the areas best opera creams and offer a large assortment of candies as well! Head across the street to Pasquale’s Pizza for dinner first – talk about a winning taste combination!
- Sweet’s N Eats: 4719 Delhi Avenue, Cincinnati OH – All of your typical creamy whip offerings, including their special blue hard shell topping and orange sherbet/vanilla soft serve “creamsicle” twist.
- Putz’s Creamy Whip: 2673 Putz Place, Cincinnati, OH – This place knows their ice cream! In business since 1938, Putz’s Creamy Whip is the place to go for a sweet treat. Make it a day of fun by taking a ride or hike through nearby Mt. Airy Forest as well – a perfect date!
- Loveland Dairy Whip: 611 W. Loveland Avenue, Loveland, OH – All of your favorite flavors and then some: chocolate, cherry, and even cake batter hard shell dip; cake batter, blue moon, cotton candy and more soft serve flavors.
- The Colonel’s Creamery Florence: 10050 Norbotten Drive, Florence, KY – Head out to The Friendly Market and explore the many amazing offerings such as Butcher Bettie’s, Afishionados, Colonel De’s Spices and then, of course, round out your visit with a dip (or two) of delicious ice cream from The Colonel’s Creamery. Pick up all of the ingredients for a romantic dinner, including dessert, and create the perfect dinner date right at home.
- Graeter’s: Multiple area locations – No ice cream list would be complete without Graeter’s. Delicious flavors, including seasonal favorites, delicious sundaes, malts, milkshakes and more. Graeter’s is a Cincinnati tradition.
- Spare Time Candy & Cones: 7807 Alexandria Pike, Alexandria, KY 41001 – Experience an iconic 50s diner featuring hearty, home-style breakfasts, fine diner foods, ICE CREAM and retro candies at Candy & Cones in your Spare Time.
Is your favorite on the list? If not, share with us in the comments – we’re always on the lookout for the next great date spot!