The fine art of bowling has been a staple of American entertainment for ages, and for good reason – there’s something uniquely satisfying about that CRASH when the ball hits the pins. Bowling alleys make great places to spend time with the kids on a rainy day or kick back with a couple of pals after work, but they can also be fun, offbeat locales for a casual date night! A little friendly competition in the relaxed atmosphere of a bowling alley could be the perfect source of low-stress fun for you and your special someone. Whether you’re a world-class striker or a gutter ball master — you can have a fantastic time cutting loose with your darling at one of these excellent Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati bowling alleys!
- Western Bowl Strike & Spare – Western Bowl is a great place to go for an old-school bowling experience. Their recently remodeled facility boasts a whopping 68 lanes of bowling excitement, plus a full bar and pool hall. A great place to grab a burger and a beer!
- Madison Bowling Alley – If you’re looking for a place with that retro-chic vibe, the historic Madison Bowling Alley on Madison Road is the place to be. Founded in 1957, this vintage-styled alley features classic bowling alley amenities, and is even open 24 hours on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays!
- Heid’s Lanes – Family owned and operated since 1957, Heid’s Lanes on Cheviot Road in White Oak is a 12-lane alley known for their warm service and family atmosphere. If you’re looking for a laid-back locale with a small-town feel, look no further.
- Axis Alley – The brand new Axis Alley at Newport on the Levee offers low-key thrills in a sleek, state-of-the-art facility. Check out your favorite sports events on projected screens above the lanes while enjoying the convenience of lane-side food and beverage service. On the weekends they even host live performances from local and regional bands.
- Super Bowl – Super Bowl in Erlanger is a great place to enjoy the classic bowling experience. Offering 64 lanes in a recently remodeled two-floor facility, Super Bowl is a local favorite.
- Walt’s Center Lanes – Another local favorite, Walt’s Center Lanes has 32 lanes, the Wa-Ce-La Lounge with happy hour daily, and all you can bowl on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays before 5pm –- the perfect spot for a fun lunch date!
Once you’ve bowled your last frame, winner buys dessert at a nearby ice cream spot! Do you know of a ‘best-kept-secret’ spot for bowling around town? Let us know!