It’s official – The Holiday Season is here! During this busy season, you’re bound to be focused on holiday parties, gifts and all of the trappings of the season, but make sure that you take some time out to focus on your special someone too. With so many things to do this season, it’s easy to find some holiday fun, and Downtown Cincinnati has a wealth of holiday events and activities! Check out our list of Cincinnati winter date ideas and fun holiday events downtown and in Over the Rhine:
- The Cincideutsch Chriskindlmarkt at The Banks and Fountain Square–Celebrate Christmas with this free authentic German Christmas market, complete with local artisans, traditional German fare, entertainment and more!
- Cincinnati Ballet and Frisch’s present The Nutcracker at Aronoff Center for the Arts – A beloved Cincinnati tradition, you can’t go wrong with an evening experiencing the beauty of The Nutcracker as it is presented by the Cincinnati Ballet. Make it a perfect evening by enjoying dinner beforehand at one of the many amazing downtown restaurants and you’ve got a night to remember. Check our dinner and a show date ideas for inspiration.
- Fountain Square Ice Rink – What could be more romantic than clutching the arm of your sweetheart as you make your way across the ice rink at Fountain Square. Make it a dessert date and warm up with hot chocolate and sweets from Graeter’s on the Square afterward. Ice Rink opens Friday, November 21.
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (and Then Some) at Cincinnati Shakespeare Company — Cincy Shakes takes all of your favorite beloved holiday classics and crams them into 90 minutes of hilarity. This is a don’t miss holiday event, and tickets go fast so don’t wait to grab yours.
- Trans Siberian Orchestra at US Bank Arena – Wednesday, December 21 at 4 & 8 PM. Quickly becoming a holiday tradition, Trans Siberian Orchestra brings their unique sound to US Bank Arena for two shows.
- Antique Christmas at Taft Museum – Go back in time at Taft Museum and visit their annual display of ornaments, decorations, and toys – even a Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer display to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the television special we all know and love.
- Over the Rhine with the Cincinnati Pops at Taft Theatre – No holiday season in Cincinnati is complete with this beloved annual event. OTR takes the stage at Taft Theatre on Saturday, December 20 for one night only.
- OTR Aglow – OTR’s storefronts will be set aglow with creative, holiday displays. Enjoy seven nights of fun, enjoying the displays and holiday cheer.
- PNC Festival of Lights at Cincinnati Zoo – No holiday season is complete without a visit to Cincinnati Zoo to enjoy the Festival of Lights! Strolling entertainment, a new S’mores-N-More station, not to mention all of the amazing lights!
- Holiday in Lights at Sharon Woods – Simply warm up the car and drive through holiday themed displays. Holiday in Lights is open nightly until Wednesday, December 31st.
- Celebrate the Holidays at Cincinnati Museum Center’s Train Display – Who says you have to be a kid to enjoy toy trains? If you want to feel the holiday spirit, there’s no better spot than Cincinnati Museum Center. Grab your date and enjoy the Duke Energy Holiday Train display and one of many amazing scheduled events such as holiday performances, excerpts from The Nutcracker, and more.
Date Night Cincinnati wishes you a very happy holiday season! Enjoy a holiday date with your favorite person, and come back soon for even more holiday fun posts to help you make the most of your date night excursions and this lovely season!