Whether you are looking to start a new hobby with your special someone, or looking for a fun activity for a first date, taking a leisurely bike ride along a scenic trail is a great idea. It’s safe to say there are many great scenic bike trails in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky — adventure is just a pedal away! Check out this roundup of scenic bike trails in Cincinnati and NKY and hit the trail.
- Devou Park – 1344 Audubon Road, Covington, KY – Talk about a breathtaking view! Get a great view of Covington, the Ohio River, and Downtown Cincinnati.
- Bellevue Beach Park – 665 Frank Benke Way, Bellevue, KY – Take a ride along the mighty Ohio River, and get a great view of Downtown Cincinnati.
- Florence Nature Park – 7200 Parkview Drive, Florence, KY – Nestled in the heart of Florence, Kentucky you’ll find this lovely nature park that boasts approximately 15 miles of paved trails and a gazebo.
- Boone County Arboretum at Central Park – 9190 Camp Ernst Road, Union, KY – Both paved and wooded trails will great you at the nation’s first arboretum with an active recreation park setting and NKY’s only arboretum.
- Licking River Greenway and Trails – 2500 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY – Gravel and paved trails along the Licking River give you a great view of the Licking and Ohio rivers as well as a scenic ride through historic Covington.
- Theodore M. Berry International Friendship Park – 1101 Riverside Drive, Cincinnati, OH – If you haven’t explored this riverside park yet, what are you waiting for? By foot or by bike, this park should be on your top five must-see destinations.
- Sawyer Point and Yeatman’s Cove – 705 E. Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati, OH – These parks make up a mile long stretch along Cincinnati’s Riverfront and include the Serpentine Wall and Armeleder Memorial Sprayground. For views of the Ohio River, you can’t ask for anything better than Sawyer Point.
- Ohio River Trail – Looking for a more challenging longer ride? The Ohio River Trail will eventually span 23 miles along the north bank of the Ohio River from Coney Island through Downtown and on to Sayler Park. For now, this park includes Lunken Trail, Armleder Park trail and spans more than ten miles.
- Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum – 4521 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati, OH – Spring Grove Cemetery is widely held to be one of the most beautiful in the country, and is the second largest cemetery in the United States. Grounds maps are available on their website.
- Loveland Bike Trail – W Loveland Ave and Railroad Avenue, Loveland, OH – The Loveland Bike trail makes up part of the over 70 flat paved miles of the Little Miami Scenic Bike Trail. Bike rental is available on the trail, so if you don’t have your own, don’t worry – they can help you get on the trail in no time.
- Cincinnati Nature Center – 4949 Tealtown Road, Milford, OH – The Cincinnati Nature Center actually offers two different locations, one to the north and one to the east of Cincinnati. The CNC is among the top ten nature preserves in the country and has a trail perfect for every experience level.
- Woodland Mound – 8250 Old Kellogg Road, Cincinnati, OH – With more than 70 miles of trails, there’s sure to be one for you and your special someone to explore. Bike rental is also available.
- Mitchell Memorial Forest – 5401 Zion Road, Cincinnati, OH – If you’re looking for a challenge you can head to Mitchell Memorial Forest and take on the eight miles of challenging mountain bike trails.
- Miami Whitewater Forest – 9001 Mt. Hope Road, Crosby Township, OH – This park was made for a weekend getaway! Take along your bikes and camping gear and spend a long weekend in nature.
- Mt. Airy Forest – 5083 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, OH – This gorgeous park has a gorgeous arboretum, gazebos, and a picturesque lake making for a fun and scenic bike tour.
- Sharon Woods – 11450 Lebanon Road, Cincinnati, OH – If you’re looking for easy gliding, this is the trail for you. Sharon Woods features a 2.6 mile paved multi-purpose trail around the lake for an easy and relaxing ride. Bike Rentals are available.
- Winton Woods – 10245 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH – Winton Woods offers more than just excellent bike trails, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can also take a canoe or kayak out on the 156-acre lake. Bike rentals are available.
- Caesar Creek State Park – 8750 E. State Route 73, Waynesville, OH – Escape the humdrum city life with a trip to Caesar Creek State Park. Biking is just the tip of the iceberg, the possibilities are endless.