We are in the midst of Summer! Warmer temps and blue skies are begging you to plan some summertime date fun – and we’ve got some great ideas to get you out and enjoying the summer sun in no time.
Check out these out-of-the-ordinary fun summer date ideas to get you started –
- Rent a Convertible and Play Tourist – Think you know your city like the back of your hand? Think again! Spend a little time researching spots around town you’ve never visited, plan your itinerary and then pack some snacks, the sunscreen and hit the road!
- Spend the Day at the Park – Kick your romantic picnic up a notch with a full day of fun at the park. Frisbee, geocaching, hiking, kite flying… pick a fun activity or two, a cooler full of cold drinks, your favorite picnic meal and a blanket and head to your favorite local park, or explore one you’ve never been to before.
- Go Boating (or Kayaking, Canoeing, Etc) – Look for a local canoe or boat rental company and then plan a day on the water. Whether your paddling down a frothy river, or floating on the water with a drink in hand, a day spent on a lake or river is a fun summertime activity you don’t want to miss.
- Drive-in Date Night – The days of the drive-in date aren’t in the past – there are still a couple of fantastic drive-in movie theaters in our area, and they make a fantastic date night. Hit the snack stand for your popcorn and drinks, cuddle up close and enjoy a movie under the stars.
- Catch a Big One – Pick up a couple of fishing poles, some bait and head out for a little fishing. Here’s another opportunity to pack a picnic and spend a day relaxing, talking together and having a few laughs when the big one gets away. Never been fishing? There’s no time like the present to learn!
What’s your favorite summertime date idea?