Summertime weather means fun in the sun, cooling off in the water and outdoor fun. Don’t think that because you are “grown up” you can’t have a blast visiting an amusement park or water park – it’s the quintessential summer date idea, and it is always a ton of fun! We rounded up local water and amusement parks within an easy drive of Cincinnati – now all you have to do is plan a day full of fun!
- King’s Island – Probably the best known and loved local amusement park, King’s Island now also boasts Soak City – so you can not only have a day of thrills and chills riding the best roller coasters around, but you can also head over to the water park and cool off with a trip down the water slides!
- Coney Island – Another well-known and loved local amusement park with the added benefit of being home to Sunlight Pool and water slides too! All of the classic rides you love – tilt a whirl, paddle boats, fun slides and more – and close to home!
- The Beach Waterpark – Located in Mason, this waterpark is full of great rides, attractions and events to enjoy! They also have cabanas to make it easier to relax and enjoy your visit. Your tropical island adventure awaits you right here in Cincinnati!
- Coco Key Water Resort – Need to escape for a day or two? Coco Key might be the answer! This indoor waterpark is as much as you can possibly have in the water, but with added benefit of adjoining hotel to make planning a weekend getaway even easier!
- Great Wolf Lodge – Located in Mason, Great Wolf Lodge is a fun indoor waterpark resort with comfy suites and water park fun. Being close to Kings Island, you can easily plan the ultimate amusement park/waterpark getaway!
If you’re looking to make a weekend out of your adventure, consider one of these amusement parks, all within a 2-4 hour drive of the Cincinnati area:
- Cedar Point – Located in Sandusky, Ohio (about a 4 hour drive from Cincinnati) Cedar Point is also home to amazing roller coasters, classic rides and a Soak City Waterpark! There are many hotels nearby, along with plenty of dining options, to make your stay fun and relaxing.
- Kentucky Kingdom – Located in Louisville, Kentucky, Kentucky Kingdom is yet another fantastic amusement park chock full of roller coasters, fun classic rides and a waterpark called Hurricane Bay.
- Holiday World – Located in Santa Claus, Indiana (about a 3 hour drive from Cincinnati), Holiday World boasts rides, shows, events and a waterpark – Splashin’ Safari – to make your trip definitely worth your while!
With this many fantastic Cincinnati amusement parks within easy reach, you can soak up every last bit of summer there is to be had! Plan a weekend, or an afternoon, and enjoy the thrills!