Everyone loves to really go all out for a date night with the perfect dinner, event, activity and atmosphere, and sometimes, it is a must – anniversaries, birthdays and other special occasions call for the perfect date night plan. However, sometimes you just want to have fun, be spontaneous and not break the bank while doing so. That’s where our list of five fun and free date ideas can help! You’ll find that planning the perfect date is as easy as a patch of grass and a clear sky. Read on for our ideas, and share your ideas in the comments:
- Watch the sun set, and then go stargazing – Find a patch of grass in your yard, or a spot on the roof and lay out a blanket and enjoy your time together watching the sun set. Once the sun has gone down you can lay back with your binoculars, a map of the constellations and take turns identifying the stars. Add a late night picnic or bottle of wine, and you’ve got all the makings of the most romantic evening ever.
- Be a kid again – Hit Sawyer Point and explore, swing on the swings, sit and watch the boats go down the river, bring a ball for volleyball or bikes – the possibilities are endless.
- Go geocaching – Geocaching is a fun way to get outdoors and enjoy the natural beauty of our local parks…and admit it: You’ve always wanted to be a treasure hunter ala Indiana Jones! All you need is a gps and a list of coordinates from geocaching.com and you’re set.
- Enjoy a day at a museum – Many museums, such as the Taft Museum of Art, are free on Sundays. Spend a day exploring the world of art! The Taft Museum even offers free audio-guided tours, narrated by Cincinnatian, Nick Clooney, that can be downloaded on your own smart device.
- Head out on a Queen City Walking Tour – Go on a walking tour of the city that was put together to get Cincinnatians back in touch with Cincinnati and the amenities all around us. Download the PDF, and plan your route from one of three pre-planned tours: the Cincinnatus Tour, the Losantiville tour or the Tyler-Davidson Tour.