It’s been months since your warm weather clothes have seen the light of day. Months since you walked hand-in-hand with your special someone without gloves covering your clenched fingers. Months since you ventured outside without being wrapped in a heavy winter coat instead of your sweetheart’s arms. That’s all about to change – because spring has sprung in Cincinnati!
We’re all itching to throw open the windows and doors and embrace the warmer temperatures, and there’s really no better way to do that than with a sweet spring date. Everyone has a favorite springtime activity, and here are our top five spring date ideas for Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky:
- Plan the first picnic of the year. It might be an old standby, but it is for a very good reason. Nothing is more romantic than finding the perfect park – bonus points if the trees and flowers are beginning to bloom – where you can spread your blanket and perfectly packed picnic just for two. A bottle of wine, some finger foods, a warm breeze and some sunshine will set the mood more than any restaurant could ever do. Need ideas for the perfect spot? Check out our post about five romantic local picnic spots.
- Visit an ice cream stand (or three). It’s the time of year when locally owned soft serve ice cream stands begin to open their doors again after a long winter break. Be the first in line when they do. Make a list of places you’ve never been and plan to hit one each week then share thoughts on who had the best soft serve, best sundae and best dip cone. We’ve got a list to get you started finding the perfect ice cream spot.
- Go on a hike. Yes, it’s possible to go on a hike during the cold weather months, but there’s just something about a springtime hike in the woods that rejuvenates the soul. The smell of budding trees and flowers, fresh earth and all of the possibilities of a new season are just what you need as a couple to put a skip in your step and ignite the fires of romance once again. We’ve got a list of amazing local hiking spots.
- Get golfing. Not much of golf pro? That’s okay; everyone loves a good game of mini-golf. Find a local mini-golf course (we’ve got a great Mini-Golf roundup) then make a day of it. Stop by one of your ice cream stand picks after the game and spend a day out in the sunshine together.
- Catch the game. Not only have the ‘Boys of Summer’, our Cincinnati Reds, taken the field again, but Cincinnati is now home to a professional soccer team: FC Cincinnati. Springtime is the perfect time to take in a game. Glorious amounts of sunshine, two fantastic local teams: what’s not to love?