A great upcoming local date idea is the Macy’s Arts Sampler presented by ArtsWave. It will be held on March 7th-8th, and will include over 100 arts performances and activities. All events are free and open to the public. It’s a great way to experience something new with your date and check out a wide variety of arts local to our region.
Be sure to plan to visit some of the highlights of the weekend!
On Saturday, two dozen community arts centers, libraries and museums will celebrate Macy’s Arts Sampler with free programming. A few highlights to check out include:
- Camp Art Academy, Art Academy of Cincinnati, 1212 Jackson Street, Cincinnati, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Adults and kids alike, can experience a variety of media forms while sampling the Art Academy of Cincinnati’s activities.
- Tracy Walker Band, Campbell County Public Library, 901 East Sixth Street, Newport, 1:15 p.m. Music lovers are invited to enjoy original songs written by award-winning singer/songwriter Tracy Walker.
- Madcap Puppets, UC Clermont College, 4200 Clermont College, Batavia, 11 a.m. Madcap Puppets perform “Twain’s Twisted Tales,” in which Mark Twain’s most beloved characters escape from their books.
- Visionaries + Voices, 3841 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati, noon-4 p.m. Families are invited to participate in hands-on art making activities developed by a Visionary + Voices teaching artist.
On Sunday, the Music Hall will be filled with performances and hands-on activities culminating with a free concert featuring the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera, Cincinnati Ballet, and May Festival at 3 p.m. in Springer Auditorium. A few other highlights to look out for include:
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, Corbett Tower, Music Hall, 11 a.m. Cincinnati Shakespeare Company performs excerpts from Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo & Juliet and other Shakespeare classics.
- MYCincinnati Youth Orchestra, Springer Auditorium, Music Hall, noon. Young musicians from this Price Hill orchestra will perform classical favorites.
- Cincinnati Ballet, Ballroom, Music Hall, 12:30 p.m. Dancers from the Cincinnati Ballet will teach dance moves seen during the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra concert.
- My Nose Turns Red Youth Circus, Springer Auditorium, Music Hall, 1:30 p.m. Performance by student jugglers, acrobats, and clowns, plus an opportunity for families to try some circus fun with hoops, juggling and balance balls.
For a full schedule of the weekend’s activities visit: www.theartswave.org and start planning your next unique date excursion.