Whether you’re thinking of setting up a first date and you’re looking for neutral and welcoming date ideas, or you just want to meet your sweetheart for a cup of coffee and quiet conversation, a coffee shop can be a great spot to meet and relax while enjoying each other’s company in a quiet and cozy setting. Read on for a list of the best spots in the area to grab your cup of joe, just the way you like it, and enjoy quality time with a special someone too!
- Avenue Brew – 310 Fairfield Avenue, Bellevue. Quiet and intimate atmosphere, occasional live music, delicious coffee, and fantastic food. Perfect for a quick meeting or a night lingering over your café au lait with a special someone.
- Biggby Coffee Ft. Mitchell – 2498 Dixie Highway, Ft. Mitchell. If blended and seasonal drinks tickle your fancy then Biggby Coffee needs to be part of your regular rotation.
- Carabello Coffee – 107 E. 9th St., Monmouth Street, Newport. Feel good about your morning, afternoon, or evening coffee purchase at Carabello. Profits from this company go towards works of compassion in Third World coffee producing nations.
- Left Bank Coffee House – 701 Greenup St., Covington. Besides the cozy, cottage like atmosphere and amazing coffee, you can also pick up delicious bites from local vendors such as Shadeau Bakery, Grateful Grahams, Yankee Doodle Deli, and more.
- Newberry Bros. Coffee & Bistro – Enjoy a cup of your favorite brew with an assortment of locally made, fresh-baked confections such as scones and pain au chocolat. In the evening, stop by for a glass of wine or beer and complimentary savory bites in the Bistro.
- Reality Tuesday Café – 1518 Dixie Highway, Park Hills. A full coffee and tea menu, including some of the best chai you can find in NKY. Tasty made-in-house confections such as breakfast Danish of all types, cheesecakes, and freshly made donuts and sugar cookies that are widely believed to be the best in the area. A cozy seating area makes this a popular spot for a quick meeting or lazy evening spent with friends.
- Roebling Point Books and Coffee – 306 Greenup St., Covington. Delicious coffee, amazing books, located at the foot of the Roebling Bridge in Covington. Dog friendly so take your 4-legged friend along for a treat.
- Velocity Bike & Bean – 7560 Burlington Pike, Florence. Get your bike tuned up and ready for the road and enjoy a gourmet brew while you wait. Live music on Saturdays.
Cincinnati & Surrounding Areas:
- Awakenings Coffee and Wine – 2734 Eerie Ave., Hyde Park. Coffee and Donna’s Gourmet Cookies baked goods – both sweet and savory options. You can also pick up a bottle of wine for dinner later that night.
- BLOC Coffee Company – 3101 Price Avenue, Cincinnati. Amazing space, delicious coffee, and you can feel good because proceeds generated through the coffee shop go to help support a food pantry and the homeless community.
- Book Bums – 8992 Cincinnati-Dayton Rd., West Chester. Book lovers? This is the spot for you. Grab your cup of joe, a bit to eat, and a great book and enjoy.
- Coffee Emporium – multiple locations around town. Direct trade coffee, baked goods, and four convenient locations.
- College Hill Coffee Company – 6128 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati. Their motto is “eat, sip, chat, chill” – doesn’t get much better than that!
- Highland Coffee House – 2839 Highland Avenue, Clifton. Great atmosphere, music, and of course, coffee.
- Kidd Coffee – locations in Fairfield and Mason. Perfect for any time of day. Coffee and coffee drinks, as well as teas, wine, beer, baked goods, soups, salads, and sandwiches. For evening, enjoy a charcuterie or cheese plate or dessert.
- Lookout Joe’s – 3181 Linwood Ave., Mt. Lookout. Coffee, coffee drinks, and tea as well as light breakfast and lunch fare.
- Red Tree Gallery – 3210 Madison Road, Oakley. Coffee (organic and fair trade) as well as sandwiches and other treats. Make a day of it and take time to peruse the art gallery and pick up some original handmade specialty items made by local artists in the specialty shop.
- Sidewinder Coffee – 4181 Hamilton Ave., Northside. A wide selection of coffee and non-coffee drinks, delicious baked goods, and lunch options. Cozy backroom for relaxing with a fresh cup and a croissant.
- Sitwells Coffee House – 324 Ludlow Ave, Clifton. A Clifton staple for 16 years. Local craft beers as well as a tasty food menu and other drink specials.
- Sleepy Bee Café – 3098 Madison R., Oakley. Sleepy Bee Café offers coffee by the bottomless cup, or if your taste runs a bit more towards the latte side of things, their coffee menu board offers a selection of lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, and more. If you are looking to turn your coffee date into a full breakfast or lunch date their menu won’t disappoint. The Bee Cakes are delicious for breakfast or lunch and a must-have during your visit.
- 1215 Wine Bar & Coffee Lab – 1215 Vine St., Cincinnati. Snacks, coffee, beer and wine – perfect for any occasion.