Dates come in all shapes and sizes, and sometimes cocktails and light bites are perfect for spending an intimate, romantic night out with your special someone and can be easier to fit into a busy schedule than a full date night out. We headed to Facebook and asked the experts around town (You!) and got the scoop on the best spot for a cocktail– whether it’s before a bigger event, as part of a progressive dinner date, or just for fun! Skip the traditional dinner date and check out the cocktail spots below that are also great for a romantic date in Cincinnati!
- AmerAsia – Besides having some of the best food around, was pegged at #3 of the top 10 Best Craft Beer Bars in Cincinnati!
- Bouquet – Bouquet is the place to go when only the most elegant spot will do. Impress your date with the amazing wine list and beautiful setting that this lovely restaurant has to offer.
- Blinkers Tavern – Happy Hour runs from 11 AM until 7 PM at Blinkers, and with ‘Tinis’, ‘Tails’, wine, and more, you won’t have trouble finding a fave. Make it a ‘cocktails and dessert’ date and try the Bread Pudding du jour!
- Otto’s – Tuesday nights are $5 martini nights, and Wednesdays and Thursdays are half price wine bottles!
- Main Bite – [Closed] With a selection of tasty light bites along with culinary cocktails and a great craft beer selection, Main Bite is a great addition to your “cocktail date” arsenal.
- Wunderbar – Giant pretzels, a great beer selection, and quite often great live music. Try Wunderbar for a date night full of conversation and fun.
- Dee Felice – Live jazz Thursday through Sunday, happy hour prices all night on Sunday at the bar, half price appetizers and wine on Mondays, and $5 Classic Cocktails from 4PM to 7PM every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday and all night on Fridays.
- Wiseguys Lounge – Craft beers and cocktails, and a bourbon club in a great atmosphere. Perfect for a relaxing yet romantic night out!
Downtown Cincinnati and beyond:
- Salazar – Salazar has an amazing cocktail beer menu and their small bites menu can’t be beat.
- Via Vite – Half off all beers, wines by the glass and cocktails from 3pm-7pm every Monday through Friday. Perfect for an alfresco night on their Piazza Bar or covered terrace with Fountain Square as your backdrop.
- Japp’s Since 1879 – No one can deny that Molly Wellman is the Queen of Cocktails. Plenty of fun can be had every night of the week, with no cover charge at Japp’s. Wednesday is jazz night, Thursday is Honky Tonk night, and there’s a dance party every weekend.
- Senate – Nothing says ‘date night’ like poutine? Well, maybe not, but Senate’s poutine and cocktail menu makes for a perfect cocktail date!
- Igby’s – Headed out for a show at the Aronoff and want to impress your date? Igby’s is the place to go. Cocktails and small plates, and happy hour Monday through Saturday from 4pm-8pm.
- BrewRiver Creole Kitchen – ‘Hoppy Hour’ on Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday evenings from 5pm-7pm with $1 off draft brews, wines pured by the glass, and all appetizers. Have fun trying new brews and find a new favorite.
- Brazenhead Irish Pub – [Closed] Sometimes a tasty brew and some pub grub is the perfect night out. Live music only adds to the ambience. Brazenhead is the place to look for a relaxing night of a few brews and great conversation.
There are many more amazing spots around town for cocktails, these are just a few fantastic examples. Picking a new spot once a month and adventuring around town is a great way to keep date night exciting and fun, you never know what you’ll find! Do you have a favorite spot for cocktails and appetizers? Tell us in the comments!