When you are on the search for a fun holiday date, look no further than one of Cincinnati’s many holiday light displays or events.
It’s official, the holidays are here! During this busy season you’re bound to be focused on holiday parties, gifts and all the other trappings. Make sure you take some time to focus on your special someone, too. With so many things to do this season, it’s easy to find some holiday fun.
Downtown Cincinnati has a wealth of holiday events and activities. However, maybe you’d rather stay warm and cozy in your own car while you drive past millions of flickering lights? Or maybe you feel like strolling through a twinkling light display hand in hand with your special someone? No matter what kind of holiday fun you have in mind, we’ve got the scoop. Check out our list of fun Cincinnati holiday light displays and events!
Holiday Light Displays
- Holiday in Lights: This drive-through outdoor light display winds one mile through Sharon Woods and is sure to dazzle. Grab your favorite coffee drinks, or a thermos of hot chocolate. Take along some chocolate chip cookies and enjoy a quiet evening with holiday music and twinkling lights.
- PNC Festival of Lights: The Cincinnati Zoo is transforming into a wonderland of holiday delight! Check out Fairyland, the Candy Cane Forest, and Wild Light Show on Swan Lake.
- Light up the Levee: Synchronized lights dance to some of your favorite holiday music. Shop, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy the spectacle!
- Christmas Night of Lights: Made up of over one million LED lights, the larger than life trees, glowing snowflakes, and dancing candy canes will awe you. Stay snug and warm in your own car and enjoy the synchronized holiday music and light display.
- Holiday Lights on the Hill: Enjoy a two-mile drive through more than a million twinkling lights at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park & Museum.
- Light Up Middletown: Drive through a tunnel of lights onto 100 acres of dazzling lights and displays.
- The Gift of Lights at the Christmas Ranch: The Christmas Ranch is a walking lights display, featuring a Christmas Village full of shops. Approximately 1 Million LED lights are synchronized to holiday music, making your stroll merry. Enjoy train rides, wagon rides, food and more!
- Macy’s Downtown Dazzle: Watch from Fountain Square as Santa rappels down the side of the 525 Vine Building office tower to the Macy’s rooftop. Once he reaches ground zero you’ll enjoy a holiday fireworks display. Enjoy the sights of the season on the square, tasty concessions and holiday music.
- Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt: Fountain Square transforms into an authentic German Christmas market for the holidays. This event features authentic Gluhwein, Christian Moerlein beer, holiday gifts, decorations, live entertainment, and more.
- Holiday Toy Trains at Behringer Crawford Museum: Be a kid again with the toy train display at BCM. Enjoy watching the trains run over 250 feet of track, or take a turn operating more than 30 accessories that are part of the track.
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!) at Cincinnati Shakespeare Company: This hilarious smash hit has become a ‘must see’ holiday event. Definitely not one for the kiddies, this show is irreverent and comical to the extreme.
- A Whimsical Wonderland at Krohn Conservatory: The traditional holiday show at Krohn Conservatory. Look for a fun display with trains, flowers and holiday magic!
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Ghosts of Christmas Eve at U.S. Bank Arena: Seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and experiencing their signature holiday sound has become a Cincinnati Tradition.
- Frisch’s Presents The Nutcracker performed by the Cincinnati Ballet: The story of Clara and her beloved Nutcracker doll, brought to life on the Aronoff stage. This is a true Cincinnati holiday classic, don’t miss it!
- Christmas Saengerfest: This choir event takes place at venues in Over the Rhine. This chance to hear holiday music sung by award-winning choirs can’t be missed.