Camping is a fun, adventurous and bond-building activity for any couple – whether you’ve been married for a decade or have been dating for 6 months. It forces you to disconnect from your daily routine, walk away from electronics, get back to nature and spend time talking, working and playing together as a team. It’s also a perfect way to reconnect on a quick getaway when a long vacation just isn’t in the cards, and it’s easy to do on a tight budget. We’ve put together a list of camping tips, tricks and locations to make it easy to plan a Cincinnati camping getaway close to home.
First, and maybe most importantly, pick a spot you feel will be the perfect for you and your special someone. There are simply too many amazing local campgrounds for us to list them all, but we’ve put together a list that will help get you started on picking a campground for your getaway:
- Campbell County is home to A.J. Jolly Park and Campground, and it is a beautiful choice for a weekend camping getaway.
- Kentucky State Parks boast so many great camping sites — you won’t have any problem choosing one.
- Great Parks of Hamilton County is home to three amazing campgrounds – Miami Whitewater Forest, Winton Woods and Steamboat Bend. All offer a unique camping experience.
- Want to add some thrills and chills to your camping weekend? There are several fantastic campgrounds close to Kings Island: Beechwood Acres and Cedarbrook Campground are great choices.
- Morgan’s Outdoor Adventures offers cabins, whitewater rafting and more, in both Little Miami’s Fort Ancient as well as Brookville’s Whitewater River area.
- Oak Creek Campground in Walton, Kentucky is close to home and offers amenities such as a swimming pool, water and electric, and cable.
- Indian Springs Campground in North Bend, Ohio is far enough away to feel like a real getaway, and close enough to home to make a weekend getaway possible anytime.
Once you’ve got your camping venue picked out and booked, you can start thinking about ways to maximize your camping trip fun without all of the work and hassle. Pinterest has a great wealth of information, tips, tricks, recipes and more that can help you plan the most perfect camp getaway ever. We picked a few to get you started, but visit Pinterest – Camping Tips and Morning Chores – Recipes for more.
- Maximize your outdoor living area by using a large canopy along with your tent to protect your eating, relaxing and cooking area from the glaring sun or rain. Via Extra Hyperactive.
- Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you have to eat boring food. Check out this amazing list of campfire recipes from Survival Life and eat like a king!
- Want to camp for the first time, but don’t want to break the budget buying the gear you’ll need? Check out this list over at Thrifty Jinxy for 10 tips for an inexpensive camping trip.
- If it’s your first camping trip, take a look at this list of 8 tips for first time campers from The Frugal Navy Wife.
Make time in your camping agenda for a little bit of everything – relaxing with a good book, playing a game together, a stroll along a nature trail with a picnic at a scenic spot, hiking and some campsites even offer ziplining! The great thing about a camping getaway is that it’s exactly what you make of it so it can be anything you need or want – just remember to have fun!
Have a genius camping hack or idea? Best campground in your part of town? Share in the comments!