If you’re feeling overworked, busy and unable to connect with your special someone because you spend all of your free time thinking of the thousands of things you “could” be doing, then it might be time to find some time to get away and recharge, relax and reconnect. You don’t have to plan an elaborate excursion to far flung lands in order to get a little quiet time –simply look up your nearest bed and breakfast and book a long weekend of rest and relaxation!
The Cincinnati area is home to quite a few amazing bed and breakfasts, many with amenities such as WiFi and free breakfast, special packages, massages, even cooking classes! Pick one that suits your mood and needs, book your room and set out to be a tourist in your own city, relax a with a good book, or just enjoy spending time together alone, as a couple, with no responsibilities for a day or two.
- Weller Haus Bed & Breakfast – Located in historic Bellevue, KY, the Weller Haus B&B, consists of two different historic homes and has five deluxe guest suites, beautiful gardens, all the amenities you’d expect from a 5-star hotel, plus a ‘Gathering Kitchen’ open to guests 24/7 that is stocked with snacks, a microwave, computer station, books, dvd’s and more.
- Six Acres Bed and Breakfast – Located on six lovely acres in College Hill, Six Acres, is close to downtown Cincinnati and boasts five well-appointed bedrooms and common areas, beautifully landscaped grounds and a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. 7th Acres Bed and Breakfast is next door and offers four guest rooms as well as “Annie’s Suite” – a two-room suite with private bath, full kitchen and living room.
- The Clifton House – Cincinnati’s Gaslight area in Clifton is home to this classical revival manor home built in 1900 by Cincinnati financier, Henry Morgenthaler. In addition to six beautifully appointed guest rooms, you’ll also enjoy amenities such as a workout room, billiard room, WiFi and laundry facilities. Walk to the oldest theater in Cincinnati, fine restaurants and shopping.
- Gaslight Bed & Breakfast – Another Clifton gem, snuggled on a hilltop in the historic Gaslight district. Four beautiful guest rooms, a front patio with the shade of a willow tree and relaxing gardens, kitchen for snacks and beverages and an exercise room with a dry sauna for working away your stress.
- The Glendalia Boutique Hotel & Culinary Studio – Not only can you choose from six different spacious and relaxing guest suites, but you can also sign up for a culinary course in this beautiful bed and breakfast. The culinary studio offers classes from a Culinary Bootcamp for beginners to a Dinner with the Chef where you prepare dinner, hands on with their chef. You do not need to be a guest to take part in the culinary studio – but who could resist such charm!
- Burlington’s Willis Graves Bed & Breakfast Inn – Northern Kentucky is the setting for this lovely and sophisticated bed and breakfast. Five beautiful suites with everything from cable TV and DVD, espresso machines, fridge and microwave, flat screen TV’s and more, you’ll find the perfect weekend getaway for you and your sweetheart.