It’s summertime, and that means that you’ve more than likely been indulging in an ice cream or frozen treat or two. A lovely summer afternoon with your special someone and your favorite treat can create a perfectly sweet moment in time. But where do you go to find the absolute best ice cream and frozen treats in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky? We asked you, our readers, for your suggestions. After all, you are the real neighborhood experts! Check out our list of great places to indulge in a frozen treat or ice cream in Cincinnati and NKY:
- Dairy Queen: Multiple area locations – Sometimes you just need a DQ dip cone or Blizzard. It makes you feel like a kid again, and that’s okay by us.
- Rhino’s Frozen Yogurt & Soft Serve: Blue Ash – If you want the best of all worlds, this is your new go-to spot. Rhino’s has frozen yogurt, soft serve gelato, sorbet, Italian ice and more.
- Graeter’s: Multiple area locations – No ice cream list would be complete without our fan favorite, Graeter’s. Delicious flavors, the addition of new seasonal favorites, sundaes, malts, milkshakes and more, Graeter’s is a Cincinnati tradition.
- Buona Terra Gelato: Mt. Lookout Square – Gelato is the specialty of the house at Buono Terra. Please – get the Birthday Cake Flavor or you’ll definitely regret it. Cozy and quaint, it’s the perfect spot to sneak in some couple time.
- Whit’s Frozen Custard: Blue Ash – If you’ve never had Whit’s Frozen Custard, then you are missing out on a real treat. Their frozen custard is rich, creamy and delightful.
- Putz’s Creamy Whip: Cheviot – This place knows their ice cream! In business since 1938, Putz’s Creamy Whip is the place to go for a sweet treat. Make it a day of fun by taking a ride or hike through nearby Mt. Airy Forest as well – a perfect date!
- General Custer’s Golf and Gulp: Western Hills – Why just enjoy a delicious frozen treat (even though we are perfectly okay with that) when you can play mini golf and make a day of it!
- The Root Beer Stand: Sharonville – Okay, not technically an ice cream joint, but the root beer floats are amazing and not to be missed. The root beer and orange are homemade, so if you haven’t already made the pilgrimage to Sharonville for this treat, do so soon.
- Whipty-Do: Maineville – Whipty-Do is a local favorite, serving twist cones, handmade shakes and malts, and all of your favorites – plus a few you might not know about yet.
- Zip Dip: Bridgetown North – Zip Dip has been delighting ice cream lovers since 1950, a great place to indulge in a classic like a turtle sundae or banana split.
- Loveland Dairy Whip: Loveland – All of your favorite flavors and then some: chocolate, cherry, and even cake batter hard shell dip; cake batter, blue moon, cotton candy and more soft serve flavors.
- Yagööt: Rookwood Commons & Deerfield Township – Pick your favorite flavor, then pile on the toppings at Yagööt.
- Piper’s Cafe: Covington — If you are a true soft serve connoisseur, you have to make a stop at Piper’s. They boast an incredible 67 flavors – from Maplenut to Kahlua, Black Cherry, Pumpkin Pie, and the list goes on – and the ice cream is lactose free, meaning it’s great for those with a lactose sensitivity AND it’s lower in fat than your typical ice cream.
- Dojo Gelato: Findlay Market & Coming Soon to Northside – Thick, creamy, perfect Dojo Gelato is a delicious treat and perfect for enjoying as you stroll Findlay Market and choose ingredients for a dinner you cook together as a couple later in the day.
- Top This Donut Bar: Highland Heights, KY & Anderson Towne Center – Yes, we know this is a post about ice cream and frozen treats and this is a donut bar, but did you know they also have soft serve ice cream?! Life changing.
- Flubs: Hamilton, Fairfield & Ross – Vanilla, chocolate and swirl soft serve ice cream. New flavors every day, including homemade sherbet, sugar-free yogurt and dairy-free italian Ice – there’s something for everyone here!
- Mt. Washington Creamy Whip: Mt. Washington – The old-timey ice cream shop atmosphere makes for a romantic ice cream date spot.
- Dari-Crest: Latonia – Dari-Crest is exactly what you think of when you dream of delicious summertime soft-serve ice cream. Choose from shakes, malts, sundaes of all varieties and of course, the dip cone – chocolate or cherry!
- The Cone: West Chester – When you think dip cone, it’s probably chocolate, or maybe cherry. Not at The Cone. Butterscotch, Blue Raspberry, Toasted Coconut, Cake Batter, and so many more flavors are available for dip tops, you won’t know which to pick first!
- Street Pops: OTR, Oakley & multiple farmer’s market cart locations – Like those delicious popsicles you got as a kid at the pool or sitting in the backyard under a tree, but better. Sophisticated flavors like hibiscus mint mojito and lemon lavender will guarantee a delicious and impressive frozen treat.
- Walker Bros Ice Cream: 9425 Montgomery Road, Montgomery – Craving delicious soft serve ice cream with a unique twist? Walker Bros boasts flavors such as blue raspberry, strawberry, peach and more!
- Aglamesis Brothers: Oakley Square & Montgomery Square Shopping Center – Founded in 1908, this ice cream parlor has become a Cincinnati tradition.
- Schneider’s Sweet Shop: Bellevue, KY – A Northern Kentucky landmark, Schneider’s Sweet Shop is more than just a spot for a delicious dish of ice cream or ice ball, but they boast being the areas best opera creams and offer a large assortment of candies as well! Head across the street to Pasquale’s Pizza for dinner first – talk about a winning taste combination!