Looking to spice up your dating routine? Why not mix things up and learn a new skill or hobby together? Cooking, dancing, painting… the possibilities are endless. Check out our roundup of local couple-friendly classes to get you started.
BRUSH UP ON YOUR DANCE MOVES:
Dancing is a great date activity, and there are many local spots offering a variety of dance classes to try. Ever wanted to learn the waltz, salsa or swing dancing? Let loose, have fun and enjoy the adventure.
- Dare to Dance – Private and group lessons for a variety of dance styles.
- Dance Club Studio – From the cha-cha to the waltz, they’ve got you covered with private and group lessons.
- Ritz Ballroom – Preparing for a wedding? Want to learn the fox-trot or tango? Ritz can help.
Get in touch with your artistic side. You never know, you may discover a new hobby you both enjoy. A bonus; many adult art classes offer special date nights, which include the opportunity to enjoy drinks and plenty of time to chat.
- A Stroke of Art – Instructors use a ‘paint along’ style to help you create your own work of art.
- Whistle Stop Clay Works – Experience a unique evening of ceramics and socializing at their Cocktails & Clay Nights.
- Painting with a Twist – BYOB and enjoy a night of instruction from one of their talented artists.
- Baker Hunt Art & Cultural Center – Offers a wide variety of artsy date-worthy adult classes.
EMBRACE YOUR INNER PERFORMER:
Have you always wanted to give acting a try or brush up on your musical skills? Show off old skills or break out of your comfort zones together. Either way, you’ll have fun and leave with a story or two to tell.
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company – Check out Act Up, their acting classes for adults taught by CSC resident actors.
- Cincinnati Music Academy – Try out their music lessons – pick an instrument or work on your singing skills.
- Cincinnati School of Music – Guitar, piano, voice lessons and more — there’s something for everyone!
COOK UP SOME ROMANCE:
Cooking a meal together is a fun relationship-building experience. Get your hands dirty together in the kitchen, and then enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- The Learning Kitchen – Learn new cooking techniques, styles and recipes with the help of a local chef.
- Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State – Not just for students, they offer classes are for everyone!
- Gorman Heritage Farms – Harvest your own ingredients and learn to prepare a hearty meal.