There’s something about spreading down a blanket and unloading a basket full of goodies that says romance like nothing else. A picnic — be it in the spring, summer or autumn – is an affordable, creative and romantic way to spend time with your date. Plus, Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky have some of the best picnic spots around.
First, plan your picnic meal. Consider a breakfast picnic with mimosas, muffins, fruit or any other breakfast items you’re craving. Or go for a late night stargazing picnic, with popcorn and your favorite cold (or hot) beverage. Maybe a dessert picnic with your favorite latte and sweets from your favorite bakery. How about lunch and a friendly game of disc golf? The possibilities are really endless!
Once you’ve decided on the time of day and planned your meal you can get down to the business of picking the most perfect and romantic picnic spot you can find. Of course – we are here to help! We’ve picked some of the most romantic picnic spots in Cincinnati & NKY to get you started. Check them out!
- Devou Park – Covington: If you are looking for a romantic view of Cincinnati, then this is the place to be. Set high on the hills overlooking Covington and the great Ohio River, there’s no better scenic view in the Tri-state area.
- Washington Park – OTR: There always seems to be something happening in OTR these days, and Washington Park is at the heart of it all. With the hustle and bustle of the city all around you, take some time to slow down and spend some one on one time with your special someone in a beautiful setting. You can even head over to Findlay Market before you go to pick up your picnic treats.
- Ault Park – Mt. Lookout: Tons of green spaces make this the perfect spot to lay a blanket and dream away the afternoon with your loved one. Take a post lunch hike, or snap some pics together in the garden or at the pavilion.
- Eden Park – Mt. Adams: If you want charm galore, Eden Park is your venue. Three lakes, a gazebo and gorgeous gardens mean you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect patch of green.
- Florence Nature Park – Florence: If you want quiet, scenic and perfect for picnic blanket placement, then you’ll want to check out Florence Nature Park. With 15 acres of lush landscape and a gazebo, you’re sure to find a romantic setting for the perfect picnic.
- Sharon Woods – Sharonville: Sharon Woods is full of activities including fishing, boating, golfing and hiking to pair with your picnic date. It’s also a popular spot to exercise outdoors with a trail around the lake, a Parcours trail and a Gorge nature trail.
What’s your favorite spot for a romantic picnic? We know we missed some good ones! Share in the comments.