If you’re looking to get spooked, you’re in luck! The Cincinnati area offers many noteworthy haunted attractions including haunted houses, hayrides, tours and much more. Plus, a little scare will definitely bring you and your special someone closer together!
- Land of Illusion in Middletown offers five haunted attractions – Killer Klowns, Phobia Face Your Fears, the Middletown Haunted Trail, Dr. Psycho’s Haunted Estate and the Temple of Terror. If you haven’t had enough, you can also check out their Zombie Sniper Patrol ride. Open only for October.
- If you are thrill-seekers, why not take your date to the next level and check out the Halloween Haunt at King’s Island. You’ll still be able to go on all of your favorite rides, plus you’ll get the opportunity to explore the park in a different light. There will be several indoor and outdoor haunted mazes, scare zones where you’ll encounter monsters and scary creatures, as well as haunted performances. Visit on Sept. 20th through Oct. 26th – open Fridays and Saturdays, 6 pm-1 am.
- If you’re looking for a super scary date, you’ll definitely want to visit the Dent Schoolhouse, which has been rated Cincinnati’s scariest haunted house. Explore the schoolhouse and walk amidst the roaming spirits of the children that were taken by the janitor that mysteriously disappeared in the 1950s. Open now, Thursdays and Sundays from 7:30pm – 10pm and Fridays and Saturdays 7:30pm – 12am until Halloween.
Other local haunts to check out:
- USS Nightmare – Now through Nov. 2nd in Newport, KY
- Sandyland Acres – Fridays & Saturdays through Oct. 26th in Petersburg, KY
- The Backwoods – Fridays & Saturdays all October in Harrison, OH
- American Legacy Haunted Tours – Now through Nov. 2nd in Downtown Cincinnati, Covington & Newport, KY
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite local Halloween haunts!