When you think of Cincinnati and surrounding areas, does it bring to mind specific places, foods, or activities that just can’t be found anywhere else (or if they can, they just don’t measure up)? Giving the gift of an experience, something that you have enjoyed throughout your life as a Cincinnati native, or something you discovered upon moving here that you love about the city, can be a unique and meaningful gift…and one that can be shared! Check out our list of top Cincinnati ‘Experiences’ that we think are perfect Cincinnati gift ideas this year:
When you speak of experiences, food is almost always a part of the memory. Eating a delicious slice of Larosa’s pizza after a long day at Kings Island, enjoying a big plate of ribs at Montgomery Inn before the big game, Skyline Chili at Great American Ballpark, heading downtown for window shopping and stopping for an Izzy’s Reuben and potato pancake (don’t forget the pickles!)…all of these experiences are part of what makes the Cincinnati area so special and memorable. So go ahead, give the gift of a delicious meal…or treat your date and share the experience!
- LaRosa’s Pizza
- Montgomery Inn
- Cincinnati Style Chili – There’s only one area in the nation to find that unique blend of flavors that is Cincy style chili, but if you ask around town you’ll find that the “best” place to get it varies from person to person. Skyline, Gold Star, Dixie Chili, Camp Washington Chili, Covington Chili, Price Hill Chili, Blue Ash Chili, Empress Chili, Pleasant Ridge Chili, and the list goes on. Make it a challenge to find the absolute best chili in the city, or treat your sweetie to a delicious lunch. Either way it’s a win!
- Izzy’s – Nothing says Cincinnati like an Izzy’s Reuben, pickle, and famous potato pancake. Treat your sweetie to a $25 gift card right now and you’ll get a free $5 gift card for your very own.
- Frisch’s Big Boy
- Servatii’s – Pretzels and garlic cheese dip, cakes, and those cookie trays – Servatii’s is always the perfect gift.
After that delicious, Cincinnati-favorite meal, don’t forget to explore a favorite dessert spot or two…or three. I mean, after all, you don’t get the reputation of a ‘Cincinnati Classic’ without really good reason!
Fun outings and shopping:
Ready to hit some classic Cincinnati spots that will prove to you how they got the name of Cincinnati landmark? You can’t go wrong with any of the activities or destinations below.
- Cincinnati Bengals home game at Paul Brown Stadium
- Cincinnati Reds game at Great American Ballpark
- FC Cincinnati game at Nippert Stadium
- Spend the day at Kings Island – If you both love the spills and thrills of a good amusement park, consider giving the gift of a Gold Season Pass. That gives you endless date opportunities all summer long!
- Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal – While many parts of the museum are currently closed due to work on the restoration of Union Terminal, you can still visit the Vikings exhibit inside the Duke Energy Children’s Museum.
- BB Riverboats Cruises
- Findlay Market shopping
- Spend a day at Fountain Square and visit the top of Carew Tower
- Newport Aquarium at Newport on the Levee
- Cincinnati Cyclones home game
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden – Another great date opportunity. Get a season pass and you’ll have the perfect spot for picnics and afternoon strolls.
- Cincinnati Art Museum
- Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park
- Rookwood Pottery in OTR (follow it up with more good eats!)
Wear your Cincinnati pride on your sleeve (or wall) with a gift from one of these great locally owned shops.
- Mica 12/v
- Red Tree Gallery
- Park + Vine
- Homage – Talk about wearing your Cincy pride on your sleeve. From Bengals to Reds to FC Cincinnati, you’ll find what you are looking for at Homage in OTR. Bonus – So. Many. Good. Eats. Close by!
- Mitchell’s Salon and Day Spa – Right now, when you choose to pamper your sweetheart with a spa or salon visit at Mitchell’s, you can get a $100 gift card for only $80!
At the end of the day, what matters most is that the gift you give comes from the heart and means something to both you and your loved one. Give an experience you can enjoy together and you give the gift of generosity as well as time together and that is the most precious gift of all!